Subject: Conference 'Performers’ FAIR Remuneration as an EU Objective', 27 May 2025, DRAFT PROGRAMME
From: "Karin Petrickova" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2025 18:12:40 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Madam,

Dear Sir,

As you already know, on Tuesday 27 May, AEPO-ARTIS will organise a whole
day Conference “Performers’ FAIR Remuneration as an EU Objective” which
will be entirely dedicated on how the principle of fair remuneration
should be applied to the exploitation of performers’ rights in a number of
different fields.

The conference will take place at the Thon
<https://www.thonhotels.com/our-hotels/belgium/brussel/thon-hotel-eu/?gad_
source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwouexBhAuEiwAtW_Zx2sz_goYkcvfikV22kNsqE85VMF-VCVI3Lp
XTduAgLJTIif9LR_wAhoC6RkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds>  Hotel EU (rue de la Loi
75, 1040 Brussels/  Maelbeek or Arts-Loi).

Please find attached the draft programme of the conference.

You can confirm your attendance at the conference by registering
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_mAjxiPnbYgheCC8TDPxFThYW5B1xp
JLdWpbINTcfiO7eNg/viewform?usp=preview> HERE.

We are looking forward to seeing you at the event.

With kind regards,

 <http://www.aepo-artis.org/>

AEPO-ARTIS

Secretariat

Association of European Performers' Organisations

Rue Montoyer 1 - B 1000 Brussels

 <tel:+32%202%20280%2019%2034> +32 2 280 19 34

 <http://www.aepo-artis.org> www.aepo-artis.org

 <https://www.facebook.com/AEPO-ARTIS-109249700895317>

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aepo-artis-9405851ba/>

 <https://twitter.com/aepoartis>

From: Karin Petrickova <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, 7 May 2025
To:
Subject: INVITATION - 27 May 2025 - Conference 'Performers’ FAIR
Remuneration as an EU Objective'

Dear Madam,

Dear Sir,

In 2026 the European Commission will face the challenge of assessing the
2019 CDSM directive. With its chapter 3, the EU legislator has made FAIR
remuneration of authors and performers an obligation for all Member
States. But what does ‘fair’ mean? How does ‘fairness’ translate into
legislative action that performers can benefit from?

AEPO-ARTIS has the pleasure to invite you to a full-day conference
‘Performers’ FAIR Remuneration as an EU Objective’ to be held on 27 May
2025 in Brussels (
<https://cdn.flxml.eu/lt-2185426356-7743a830174407885c5a83b4eb5c0035> Thon
Hotel EU, Rue de la Loi 75, 1040 Brussels /  Maelbeek or Arts-Loi).

How is FAIR to be interpreted under the current acquis? What role does the
Beijing Treaty play in obtaining FAIR remuneration for audiovisual
performers? How can we guarantee performers get paid FAIRLY for AI usage
of their work? How will the Commission assess Chapter 3 of the CDSM
directive? Performer representatives will discuss all aspects of FAIR
remuneration with experts from the political and academic field.

The conference will start at 9:00 and finish at 17:30. Light lunch will be
provided to all participants during the break.

The full program will be made available next week, but you can already
confirm your attendance by registering
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_mAjxiPnbYgheCC8TDPxFThYW5B1xp
JLdWpbINTcfiO7eNg/viewform?usp=preview> HERE.

We are looking forward to seeing you at the event.

With kind regards,

 <http://www.aepo-artis.org/>

AEPO-ARTIS

Secretariat

Association of European Performers' Organisations

Rue Montoyer 1 - B 1000 Brussels

 <tel:+32%202%20280%2019%2034> +32 2 280 19 34

 <http://www.aepo-artis.org> www.aepo-artis.org

 <https://www.facebook.com/AEPO-ARTIS-109249700895317>

 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aepo-artis-9405851ba/>

 <https://twitter.com/aepoartis>